Saturday, May 17

Quick Plug


This is probably my favorite online word game site.


The site was founded a year ago with the Original Game where players were given a two-part phrase describing both a person and something else. For example, a post may be 'He was like Stalinism: of Russian descent' or 'She was like a walled city: unnecessarily defensive.'

The player's goal is try to think of a more clever second part. For example, if the topic was 'She was like conditioning shampoo: multi-tasking', you might respond with 'always making promises she couldn't keep' or 'often found in hotel bathrooms.'

The site now offers seven daily/weekly games that foster abstract and creative thinking. Games are of the challenge and response type - given a clue, users come up with a creative response and then vote for the posts they think are really good - winners are announced when the next round starts.

It's a lot of fun for people who love word play and quite competitive too ... at present, I'm running second only to the legendary Beau - yeah, go me! LOL! There is also the opportunity to submit your own clever word game for inclusion ... mine is called Fictionary!

See you there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elle,

You've been tagged! You can visit Matt, Kel, Adrienne, or myself. 8 random facts about yourself! =)

Love the post. I'm going to check it out, as soon as I have time! (Not sure when that will be though!)

Can you tell I'm in an exclamation type of mood?

Liane said...

Hey Theadra!

Dare I say 'been there, done that'? Kel tagged me a while back...http://blogghoti.blogspot.com/2008/05/home-eight-is-enough.html

Off to read yours now, though!! :-))