Monday, May 12

Tagged - Eight is Enough!

I got tagged by Kel to do the Eight is Enough meme ... so here goes with Eight Random Facts About Me:

1. I wish on stars. The kind of wish that starts: 'Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight...'

2. I love dictionaries, thesauruses, atlases, encyclopedias and books of facts about absolutely anything at all. The day I discovered Wikipedia was the day I knew I'd arrived in cyberheaven and I have since spent countless hours there, acquiring a vast amount of useless knowledge.

3. I don't wear any jewellery at all except a ring I inherited from my grandmother who died when I was 22.

4. I have had some serious star-crushes in my life. Can't remember the early ones too clearly (why do I keep thinking John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever? That can't be right ...) But as a fully-grown adult girl-person, the ones who've stolen my heart are Aragon (not Viggo), Josh Groban's voice when he sings Oceano, and of course, Heath Ledger, who 'had me at hello.' ;-)

5. My worst fault is that I procrastinate. Which is why I started this meme about two hours ago and it's still not finished!!

6. I really HATE FaceBook. In the same vein, I also hate parties which force you to stand around eating food you don't like and making inane social chit chat with people who actually interested in things like the color of your nail varnish.

7. I don't know whether this one makes me feel embarrassed or angry, lol. In my teens, I attended a very pentecostal church where the women were supposed to cover their heads during the 'time of worship'. So I wore something that looked like this:




8. I am both a slob and a perfectionist. I'll wear the same clothes for three days if I'm not going anywhere. But I hate leaving the house in a mess, so I make myself late by 'just quickly' wiping down kitchen counters and straightening things up before we leave.

Okay...now I'm supposed to 'tag' someone else. Let's go with: Julie and Eileen. These are the rules:

1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag a couple others (the number is apparently up to the tagger) and include their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to read your blog.

3 comments:

R.J. Keller said...

I love that you wish on stars!!! And that you no longer cover your head during worship. (Sorry if I offend any of Elle's readers...it's the feminist in me.) And you know how I feel about 'our boy.'

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just wanted to say it's great to have you on board with the Word Count buddies. Your blog is good. One more place for me to stop everyday =)

Keep on writing. We all believe in you!!

Hamlet said...

Yes welcome! I liked your eight factoids. And I am really glad you didn't/don't know me to tag me. I tried to think about what I would say and couldn't come up with anything that sounded remotely interesting.