Sunday, March 16

Updates

It's been a while, but I'm still in the land of the living - have been photoblogging regularly and watching a lot of DVDs, but have neglected this little bloglet! So time for a bit of catch up time! :)

In February, we moved house - see the pics here. We've been in residence for nearly three weeks now and I am happy to say that it was a really, really good move! My daughter can walk to school in 3 mins, the local library is a 10 min walk away, there is a small shopping centre over the road with a grocery store, fresh veggie market, video rental outlet, laundry, post office, second hand clothes stores, and a ton of other small shops. The flat itself is more like a small house and I have a study in which to write!

One of the benefits of having a son who now works part time in a DVD rental outlet is that he gets to take out two free movies at the end of each shift - and one evening, he brought home the first disc of Season One of 24 - and I got hooked! I'm just about to start watching Season Six, and what a ride it's been. There is so much I could say about the clever storytelling, the non-stop tension which leaves me exhausted, the amazing and incredible plot twists, the dialogue which reaches new lows at times, the wonderful snatches of humor, the alarmingly high body count and the adorable Chloe, who is far and away my favorite character now that (SPOILER!) Tony is dead. And then there's Jack. Who wouldn't want him on your side in a time of crisis? But you can't love Jack the way you can love Chloe and the late Tony!

So much for 24. :)

I'm going back to nursing full time from April, too. After all my carefully laid plans for this momentous year fell through, including my application to study Primary Health Care, I had to rethink everything again. Money became a serious issue, leading to the renting out of my old house and the move to this place, plus my resignation from all my part time jobs and signing on for a full time post with a full time salary. So that leaves me with only one major goal for this year (now that house, job and kids have been taken care of) and that is to actually write one full, complete novel and begin submitting it to agents and publishers. I have wonderful support in the form of two main people: my newest writing buddy Kells, who is encouragement personified and a cheerleader deluxe, and my oldest (as opposed to newest!) and very cherished writing buddy of many years standing, Pat in LA. Both these ladies are great, great writers in their own right - Pat is a leading light in a certain fanfiction community, and Kells has a debut novel that is currently being shopped around . You can still read it online here, if you're quick - once it's been sold, it will no doubt be taken down.

OK, more to follow soon.

No comments: