Sunday, September 30

Grrrrr.......

Maybe its just me. Maybe I'm just in a really bad mood today.

I was browsing an O magazine and found a short article titled Why Am I Here? I read it and now I am so irritated that I wish I hadn't.
Your primary purpose on earth is to recognize your true nature as a spiritual, creative being. ..... When you recognize that you are a divine immortal being with the power to create and master many abilities, then trouble and despair subside and your human experience becomes joyful, calm and peaceful.

I'm sorry but even from inside my current disillusioned, agnostic, sceptical point of view, this reeks of New Age bullsh*t. The kind of thinking that seduces people into believing that simply by embracing their inner god of goddess, they will evolve into some kind of enlightened superspiritual being and all their problems will vanish. Its even more unrealistic than the magical thinking that pervades some branches of Christianity!

I googled the book the quote came from and found this from a review on Amazon:
" The book is channeled by the author's spirit teacher guides, The Three Bishops, as well as Joachim and the Emissaries of the Third Ray. These highly evolved and loving guides work specifically to bring about understanding, direction, and support to all souls so that we may learn to become the creative masters of the life that we’re intended to have on Earth. The guides state that Earth is “soul school,” and that we’re here to master 22 basic soul lessons in order to fulfill our purpose. Each lesson is laid out in such a way that anyone—on any level—will be ready to follow the instructions. The guides make it very clear in this book that the timing to learn our soul lessons, open our hearts, and raise our vibration on the Earth plane is now. Negative occurrences will worsen if our energy doesn’t shift and elevate to a more loving plane. We have no time to waste!"

How anyone can swallow such hogwash is beyond me! 22 soul lessons? Emissaries of the Third Ray? Raise our vibrations? Puh-leese! Tell that to the innocents who died in Bosnia, Rwanda and the Congo; to the child soldiers in the Sudan; to those battling cancer and AIDS ... just raise your vibrations and embrace soul lesson number 12, guys, and all will be well.

Rant over.

No comments: