Saturday, August 25

Burnout in Progress...

Having just got over my second bout of flu this winter (and I never usually even get sick!) and feeling very flat and wiped out, I was trying to figure out why I was proving so susceptible to passing viruses all of a sudden, and why this bout of illness had also left me all depressed and lethargic too.

So I stopped mentally and looked at what was going on in my life at the moment and that was when the "Aha!" moment happened.

If I step back and look at my life objectively, there is a heck of a lot of stressful change going on right now. And Stress leads to Burnout, which often brings with it a Depressed Immune System. Which explains why I'm getting sick and why I feel like I'm just not coping as efficiently as I usually manage to do.

I did an online stress / burnout questionnaire: The key said:
36 - 50 = Candidate for Burnout
51 - 65 = You are Burning Out
Over 66 = You Are In A Dangerous Place!!

My score is 69.

Guess some emergency stress management is called for! :-) At least I can identify most of the sources of stress, now I just need to figure out how to prioritize and then deal with all of them!

Two weeks holiday sounds like a good start.....

No comments: