Monday, July 24

Doctor Doc

Today I have a guest blogger, my beautiful daughter!

Her entry is a sad one, though. This is her memorial tribute to her beloved cat, Doc.





“My cat was one of the most annoying, self-absorbed, fussy cats that I have met on this planet. If he wanted something, nothing would deter him (especially if it was chicken!). He drove my mom up the wall with his meowing! He had a supercat power of always being exactly where your foot was about to go, causing you to step on him. When stepped on, he would give you this reproachful look, which always made you feel guilty and take the blame (well, it made me anyway).

My brother (though he loved Doc) could not help teasing him. With my love for him and firm belief that animals have feelings, I appointed myself Doc’s protector against the combined forces known as mother and brother. In return, he decided he liked my lap best and sat there whenever he could, whether I wanted him there or not- like when I was “trying” to do my homework!

This of course played havoc with my allergies, but I loved it all the same.

Being the runt of the litter, he has always had problems with his health. However, last week, he got worse. We took him to the vet and found out that “he was a very sick cat”. The vet told us that it would be very expensive to do the tests and easier on Doc to put him down.

So we said goodbye and put him down.

I had gotten used to protecting him (though my brother had mostly gotten over it and mom by this time had succumbed to his charms and loved him) and to having him on my lap, so it is hard to accept that he is gone.

I’ll miss him and you can be sure that he made sure we would never forget him. His going-away present – peeing on mom’s laptop case!




I love you, Doc, and I’ll always miss you!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks.
It is very hard.
But he never was very healthy so it is good to know that he doesn't feel any more pain.
We only had him for just under 4 years
I dont know which is worst, losing a cat you have had for ages or losing a cat you have had for not as long as you would have liked.
love
Olivia